Re: [AZ] azala

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 2008
      In the back of my mind I thought Azalea came from an old word meaning dry. I checked the Online Etymology Dictionary and that was confirmed.

      azalea
      1753, coined by Linnaeus from the fem. of Gk. azaleos "dry." The plant thrives in sandy soil.

      Mike Creel, Lexington, SC

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 6, 2008

        Mike,

        I believe that the person is asking what country they come from as in his statement “…from meaning what country of origin”

        To answer that you would say, US, Canada, Japan, China, Taiwan, Korea and countries in that area of Asia.

        Harold Greer