Satsuki Azaleas in McMinnville, TN

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2008
      A visitor to the Azalea society site just asked about where he could buy Satsuki azaleas in the area of McMinnville, TN. I must have deleted the message before tryin to answer it. There a number of large commercial nurseries in McMinnville and other smaller nurseries which propagate and sell evergreen azaleas. The web site www.gardenguides.com is a good place to find a list of those nurseries, there locations, etc. Of course right now in early winter is not really an easy time to find azaleas of any kind for sale at nurseries, since most buyers purchase compulsively based on plants in flower. But now is a good time for planting non-flowering azaleas.
      Mike Creel, SC
    • George Klump
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2008
        Mike,

        A man by the name of David Rhea wrote the enquiry about Satsuki azaleas.  I answered him.  One can buy Satsuki azaleas year around from Tom Nuccio who probably has one of the largest collections in the USA.  I suggested he call  Tom

        George Klump
        Southern California Chapter, ARS/ASA