Re: [AZ] this is from the ASK US page, so please send me a CC

    Message 1 of 323 , Nov 30, 2008
      Hi Lisa,

      When you indicated your interest in yellow azaleas, you limited your choices to deciduous azaleas --- those that lose their leaves over the winter.

      Do a Google search for "Aromi deciduous".  You should be able to locate a nursery that has what you want.  For example, I took a quick look and saw a mention of RareFind Nursery --- but I suspect you can find something closer.

      For an introduction, take a look at http://www.bestliners.com/id3.html

      Finally, you might ask Maarten at maarten@... if he can recommend a retail source.  He's is wholesale only, but he is knowledgeable about sources.

      --
      William C. Miller III
      Bethesda, Maryland

      Lisa Smith wrote:
      this is from the ASK US page, so please send me a CC

      Hello,
           I live in south Louisiana and love azaleas.  But I have been searching the web for the unique varieties of colors that I don't see down here.  I can't find mail order nurseries that have these beautiful colors of yellows, and multicolored varieties.  The only ones I've found are in other countries that won't mail to the US.  Can anyone give me names of nurseries here in the U.S. that have these?

      Thank you all so much,

      Lisa G. Smith

    • Cynthia
      Message 323 of 323 , Jan 18

        Mr. Klump,

        Thank you so much for writing with so much information on azaleas.

        Are the plants you recommended a dwarf size, not getting larger than 3 feet in height, and good in the sun; as I want at least 3 plants planted in the sun, in front of a small garden.   There are so many varieties that I’ve seen on the internet that it is difficult to decide.

        Elaine  -- thank you so much for responding to my email – unfortunately, I did not get it, and thankfully, Mr. Klump had included it in his email to me.  If there were photos included, can you re-send them to me.

        Another question to ask both of you  - -  after checking your website, found another website for Encore Azaleas for sun azaleas and dwarfed size.  What can you tell me about these?  What makes them different from the ones you mentioned and the Miss Curlicue?

        Cynthia Shannon

        650.576.8707 /Cell