Re: [AZ] Azaleas

    Message 1 of 51 , Nov 11, 2008
      Gail,

      Thanks for asking us.

      Azaleas are poisonous, and eating the flowers and leaves can cause
      gastrointestinal and cardiovascular problems. Fortunately you would
      have to eat handfuls of them to cause a serious problem.

      You can read a little more about it on our website at
      http://www.azaleas.org/faq.html#poi and a lot more about it at
      http://cal.vet.upenn.edu/projects/poison/plants/ppazale.htm

      Regards,
      Bob Stelloh Hendersonville NC USDA Zone 7

      At 11:42 AM -0500 on 11/11/08, glopez7473@... wrote
      Can you please tell me if azaleas are poisonous, and if so
      what can it do.

      Thak you very much,
      Gail
    • megtata17
      Message 51 of 51 , May 22, 2016
        I have 2 azaleas that get both white and pink flowers some are both pink and white. I am curious what the name of this type is? Also where can I get about 6-8 more? I live in Pittsburgh PA area. I hope you can assist
        Thanks
        George Smith