Re: [AZ] Fwd: Propagation of Azaleas from seed

  • Bruce Clyburn
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 29, 2008
      Bob/Chris:

      It's my experience that most seeds of deciduous azaleas will tend to show good germination within 3 weeks after sowing, in a high humidity environment at about 70 degrees. This is an average; all my seed is grown inside in the fall in a heated basement. The humidity is easily maintained by enclosing the seed and its pot in a poly bag. Remember the seed should be scattered sparingly on the surface, not covered with growing medium. IThey will need no light until they germinate and in the poly bag need no watering.

      Bruce Clyburn
      New Waterford, NS

      From: christianblom <christianblom@ sbcglobal. net>
      To: bstelloh@mac. com
      Subject: Propagation of Azaleas from seed
      Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 22:27:51 -0700

      Dear Bob
      Iam going to try my hand at propagation of Decidious
      Azaleas from seed.What is the average germination time for most
      decidious azaleas? Thanks - Chris Blom