Re: [AZ] unknown azalea

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 6, 2004
      At 4:16 PM -0500 on 8/6/04, William Sweeney wrote
      >What is this azalea? I got it from Joe Parks a few years ago. He found
      >it among a lot of <italic>R. viscosum</italic> seedlings. As you can
      >see, it has beautiful shiny, blue-green foliage and fragrant white
      >flowers with reddish stamens and anthers. It is blooming a full month
      >after the wild <italic>R. viscosums </italic> here. Plant has a
      >gorgeous full shape, even though growing in half shade.

      Looks like R. arborescens to me. Beautiful foliage.

      Note that it might be better to send a larger picture, 640x480 pixels
      to be able to see it better, and then compress it more to keep the
      same nice small file size as you had.

      Regards,
      Bob Stelloh Hendersonville North Carolina USDA Zone 7
    • Warren Groomes
      Message 2 of 6 , May 4
         Does anyone know of an azalea named Mother Teresa?

        Warren Groomes
        Founding member ASA
        Message 3 of 6 , May 4
          Hi Warren,

          My first answer is no.

          My second answer is:  the 'Mother Teresa' listed in the IRRC is an Elepidote rhododendron that was registered in 1993 by M. O. Slocock.  The description says "Fls 10/truss, 76 X 102 mm, 6-lobed, white, with an overtone of golden yellow and some dark spotting in the throat.....  Tall shrub.  Late May."

          Bill

          Message 4 of 6 , May 4
            Thank you

            To: azaleas@yahoogroups.com