9930azaleas won't bloom

  • Catherine Scott
    Apr 20, 2008
      this is from the ASK US page, so please send me a CC

      After purchasing my current house, I re landscaped to include several
      different variety of azaleas. After four years some of the azaleas (and
      also hydrangeas) have not bloomed or have very few blooms.

      They are fertilized every year after blooming and before June. They receive
      filtered sun. I have also tried lightly pruning on some to heavily pruning
      on other existing azaleas (50 yrs old).

      I am in Barnwell approximately 50 miles from Augusta, Ga. My neighbors
      azaleas are very showy every year and the soil here is appropriate for
      azaleas.

      Some one told me that because I have a septic tank that the drain field
      could be the problem. However; some azaleas on the opposite side of the
      house also do not bloom.

      Thank you,

      Catherine
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic