      Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 14:53:15 -0500
      From: Sam Timpa <samtimpa@cox. net>
      Subject: Azaelas
      To: webmaster@azaleas. org

      I have a question regarding new growth.

      I pruned my azaleas earlier this year and have sprayed them every few
      months with Miracle Grow all purpose plant food. I now have a lot of
      new growth. The new growth on the existing branches are quite long.
      In addition, the bushes have a lot of very tall new growth that has
      grown from the ground and is much taller than the bush itself. I
      find these quite unattractive and would like to cut them at the base.
      However, other individuals have suggested that I should let these new
      branches alone and just trim them when I prune in the early spring.

      What would be the best thing to do with the new growth from the ground?

      Thank you for your help.
      Marguerite Timpa

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic