4227Re: [AZ] Appreciate the two complements

    Jan 1, 2006
      Folks, I am starting to blush (from the two
      complements) down here in the south of intermittent
      winters. I have been working to set up a cobbled
      together "new" computer system since after supper
      Saturday night and continue to work on it, with
      registering various parts of the system, downloading
      Open Office and setting it up, and moving e-mail
      messages and addresses from my older computer. After
      that I will be hooking a multi-purpose Brother
      printer, scanner, copier, fax, etc.

      But, while there is light and sufficient warmth, my
      gardening continues. The weather was 30F this morning
      and us up to 61F in the shade of my kitchen porch by
      mid-day. Saturday, my wife took photos of me doing
      stuff like drilling pots, taking cuttings, sticking
      cuttings and collecting humus for use with an article
      I just wrote for South Carolina Wildlife magazine.

      I did get to drill a few pots for real though Saturday
      and stick cuttings of Nova Branco azalea and Rh.
      albiflorum. I have drilled pots and large.....
      humidity domes ready for sticking cuttings of a unique
      Magnolia grandiflora X virginiana tree I found at the
      family farm, my brother's favorite pear tree and a
      rare oak Quercus bicolor. I have more dormant
      cuttings to stick and a passle of different seeds,
      mostly azalea, to plant. Oh yes, there are two kiwi
      seedling to plant and seeds from a Tennessee
      Silverbell tree (Halesia).

      At the end of February, when I retire, I plan to get
      more serious about gardening. I will wear my two sets
      of gallus overalls thin, and hopefully me, thinner. I
      can't button the top side button on either pair at the
      moment. That means I have to wear a shirt.

      Winter here in the SC midlands is on and off, perfect
      for gardening.

      Bye for now.
      Mike Creel, Lexington, SC

      Just $16.99/mo. or less.