4Re: [azaleas] BLOOMING AZALEAS

  • John Hammond
    Oct 11, 2003
      Hi Harold & Bill . . . . . .

      I have had similar experience to you Harold . . . . . . those azaleas and
      dwarf rhododendrons that
      flower in the Fall do not appear to suffer any noticeable loss of
      springtime flowers . . . . . . they
      seem to re-set additional flower buds prior to the on-set of winter and
      sometimes in the early
      spring . . . . . . the only additional comment I would make is that on some
      plants the size of the
      Fall flowers are slightly smaller than those in the spring . . . . . .

      John M. Hammond
      Manchester, England

      A broken cloudy sky at sunrise this morning and somewhere around 8C with no
      wind . . . . . .
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic