19829Re: [AZ] Chauncey Delos Beadle

    Jun 18, 2014
      I am pretty sure that I grow either this plant or a sister seedling of it, acquired from the old WeDu Nursery when Dennis Niemeyer was there.  My plant is blooming right now, very low, beautiful foliage but the flower color varies, 3 different but related colors each season, even a solid yellow.  It was supposed to be White Find vaseyii when I planted it, so the little mounding plant is growing at the feet of three tall vaseyii azaleas.  It is apparently an arborescens x cumberland hybrid, foliage of arborescens and a little fragrance.  I can post photos of it in this string.  I wish I grew the Richardsonii form of arborescens. It is missing in my collection.

      From: "'Ron Rabideau' rhodyrex@... [azaleas]" <azaleas@yahoogroups.com>
      To: azaleas@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 3:12 PM
      Subject: Re: [AZ] Chauncey Delos Beadle

      Harry,
      We carry this azalea and think very highly of it. Blooms late(Mid June in
      central NJ) when most others have finished. I would call it medium pink
      rather than deep pink. It is a low, dense grower that forms a mound.

      http://www.rarefindnursery.com/index.php/r-azalea-deciduous-chauncey-beadle.html

      Ron Rabideau

      --
      Ron Rabideau
      Camden, NJ

      ------------------------------------

      When you reply to an email, PLEASE quote its relevant part(s) only, as context, and DELETE the rest - especially this line and the Yahoo lines.  And PLEASE tell us your city, state and/or USDA zone.

      We welcome attached images RESIZED to be under 100KB in size - 640 x 480 pixel JPEG images at 50% or 1:40 compression are ideal. By attaching them you agree that, without giving up your rights to them, they may be shown on Azalea Society websites.

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)