19791Re: [AZ] This is from the "Ask Us" page, so please send me a CC

  • bsperling
    Jun 7, 2014
      Hi Joyce,
      My guess is that Delaware Valley White, a common commercial
      azalea, would bloomed around Mother's Day this year where you live.
      They might be a nice companion to the unknown red which bloomed then.
      Good luck and tell us what you decide to do!
      Barry

      Joyce thevoice45@... [azaleas] wrote:
      > Hi
      > I live in New York (Queens county; 1 of the 5 boroughs of NYC).
      >
      > I recently bought 10 red common azaleas and what I thought were 10 white
      > (turned out to
      > be pink/coral) "Conversation" azaleas at Hicks Nursery in Westbury, L.I.
      >
      > The red bloomed first around Mothers' Day; the "Conversation" azaleas
      > didn't bloom until just
      > this week (I then found out they were NOT white in color).
      >
      > Question is: What two types of azaleas will bloom at the same time?? I
      > was hoping to alternate
      > red and white at the front of my home and have them bloom all together.
      >
      > My husband is going nuts and wants the nursery to replant white in place
      > of the
      > "Conversation" pink ones. Any ideas or suggestions would be
      > appreciated.....he is looking to
      > do this change this upcoming week!
      >
      > Thank you.
      >
      > Joyce Ramirez
      > Douglaston, NY 11362
      >
      > Note: When forwarding emails.....PLEASE delete the previous history
      > and send your bulk
      > lists in the "Bcc" column so the whole world doesn't end up
      > getting everyone's email
      > address. My thanks!

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic