19590Re: [AZ] Do azaleas live for more than one year.

    Apr 5, 2014
      Hi Rhea,

      No, it is not true.  Your sister is mistaken.  Azaleas are shrubs -- and neither annual nor perennial.  Theoretically, and with a little care, azaleas could last forever.  I have seen a 350 year old azalea in Japan.

      William C. Miller III
      Bethesda, Maryland

      On 4/5/2014 9:10 PM, Rhea's Email wrote:

      My sister said that azaleas are of a category that dies every year. She said that they have to be replanted every year. Is this true. Are these bushes annuals, or

      pereneals, (or whatever)? Than you!

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic