19584Re: [AZ] Wanting the name of this azalea [3 Attachments]

    Apr 4 10:46 AM
      Marcia, Your yellow deciduous azalea is some named variety or hybrids (probably fragrant) of the native Florida azalea
       (Rhododendron austrinum).  The Tom Dodd nursery in Alabama has selected and named several pure forms of Florida azalea such as Escatawpa and Grenville Gold ( I grow both), and also several hybrids of Florida azalea with the yellow Hotspur Yellow Exbury, clled the Confederate series.  It is difficult to determine exactly which named variety your plant is unless you can trace the plant down to who planted it and where they bought it.  Florida Azalea is probably as close a name as I can give you.  I grow a lot of azaleas that look lilke it.

      From: Marcia Doerfler <MDoerfler@...>
      To: azaleas@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, April 3, 2014 12:05 PM
      Subject: [AZ] Wanting the name of this azalea [3 Attachments]

      [Attachment(s) from Marcia Doerfler included below]
      (This is from the ASK US page, so please send me a cc)

      I am attaching pictures of a plant that is located at the school I work at. Was hoping that someone might be able to identify this azalea for me.

      Thanks,

      Marci Doerfler

         Marcia Doerfler
             School Secretary
      R C Lipscomb Elementary School
      10200 Ashton Brosnaham Road
      Pensacola FL 32534
      850-494-5760, x. 3105
      Fax: 850-494-5722

      To find what you seek in the road of life,
      the best proverb of all is that which says:
      "Leave no stone unturned."
      Edward Bulwer Lytton

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic