19570Can I save my Azaleas from an Aluminum Sulfate application?

  • Liz Fitch
    Mar 23, 2014

      Hello,

      I live in Dallas TX and have planted many azaleas over the last couple of years.  I have had the soil double dug using a soil designed for planting azaleas.  We had a late freeze and the leaves are turning brown and falling off.  After measuring the PH in my soil, which measured 7 I was told by a local nursery to use  Aluminum Sulfate to lower my PH levels.  My azaleas look worse than ever after applying the aluminum sulfate. I am just learning that Aluminum Sulfate poisons Azaleas.  Is there anything I can do to reverse Aluminum Sulfate damage?

      Please CC me I anxiously await your response.

      Sincerely,

      Liz

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic