19562this is from the ASK US page, so please send me a CC

  • Liz Fitch
    Mar 23, 2014

      Dear Sir/ Madam,

      I live in Dallas TX and have planted many azaleas over the last couple of years.  I have had the soil double dug using a soil designed for planting azaleas.  We had a late freeze and the leaves are turning brown and falling off.  After measuring the PH in my soil, which measured 7 I was told by a local nursery to use  Aluminum Sulfate to lower my PH levels.  My azaleas look worse than ever after applying the aluminum sulfate. I am just learning that Aluminum Sulfate poisons Azaleas.  Is there anything I can do to reverse Aluminum Sulfate damage?

      I anxiously await your response.

      Sincerely,

      Liz

    • Show all 293 messages in this topic