      Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2014 11:55 AM
      Subject: Re: [AZ] First azalea flowers and first leaf emergence

      Bob,

      'Mike Bullard' is a sport of  the Glenn Dale 'Festive', and it was introduced by Ralph Pennington.

      'Rivermist' is a James Harris hybrid.

      I've still got the residue of nine inches of snow that fell on Sunday-Monday.  No azaleas or early rhodys are blooming for me yet --- and Spring starts tomorrow.  It's raining now and temps are in the 40s.

      Bill Miller
      Bethesda, MD
      www.theazaleaworks.com

      On 3/19/2014 11:59 AM, Bob Kelly wrote:

      My earliest evergreen azaleas are Glen Dale 'Festive' and 'Mike Bullard'. Several other GD's 'River Mist' and 'Trouper' are also early.

      Bob Kelly
      Aberdeen, MS