19285Re: [AZ] Gumpo White Azalea with Yellowing Leaves [1 Attachment]

  • Tadeusz Dauksza
    Nov 2, 2013
      situation "normal"  with those leaves--  they will be lost this fall/winter as this years new leaves are the green ones at the tips of your azaleas, yellow ones are from last summer 2012.
      hollytone good idea, but maybe wait till spring, late winter--no need now to use it for the end of year---    in april 2014 sprinkle that hollytone,  then when the azaleas finish blooming late may 2014, sprinkle some hollytone---  look for any blown pips from winter, this would indicate flower buds freezing in your neck of the woods--  get some Glenn Dales, Girards azaleas, maybe those Gumpos are too soft for your winter there,

      tadeusz-- Lake Mich chapter ASA-   a Glenn Azalea in bloom on NOV 2, in ILLINOIS.

      On Saturday, November 2, 2013 4:28 PM, Barbara Whitston <babsbuzz@...> wrote:

      [Attachment(s) from Barbara Whitston included below]
      I live just south of Boston, MA. In 2012 I purchased four Gumpo White Azaleas,hardy to zone 6,even though my growing zone is a zone 5.  My local landscaper, who is very reputable, told me he plants them all the time with no problem.

      In the first summer, there were no blooms, but the plants looked very healthy.
      This year, they looked very healthy, but again did not bloom.  Now that it's fall, I'm noticing these yellow leaves as you can see in the attached photo. My landscaper advised me to feed the plants with a half portion of Holly Tone.They seem to respond positively, but now the yellowing of the leaves seems to be worsening.

      I would appreciate any guidance that you can offer.

      Thank you for your time.

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic