19284Gumpo White Azalea with Yellowing Leaves

  • Barbara Whitston
    Nov 2, 2013
    • 1 Attachment
    • 8.8 MB
    I live just south of Boston, MA. In 2012 I purchased four Gumpo White Azaleas,hardy to zone 6,even though my growing zone is a zone 5.  My local landscaper, who is very reputable, told me he plants them all the time with no problem.

    In the first summer, there were no blooms, but the plants looked very healthy.
    This year, they looked very healthy, but again did not bloom.  Now that it's fall, I'm noticing these yellow leaves as you can see in the attached photo. My landscaper advised me to feed the plants with a half portion of Holly Tone.They seem to respond positively, but now the yellowing of the leaves seems to be worsening.

    I would appreciate any guidance that you can offer.

    Thank you for your time.
  • Show all 2 messages in this topic