18362Re: [AZ] What kind of azelea and what kind of light?

  • John Migas
    Oct 2, 2012
      Hi Dawn,

      What you have are 'Golden Lights', 'Rosy Lights', and 'Mandarin Lights'.

      These azaleas are from a series created in Minnesota called the Northern Hi-lights.
      These are tough old plants and can take up to minus 40 below zero. I grow all of these in western Michigan and do do great in shade or sun. By now they should be going dorment and turning beautiful fall colors.

      Don't be afraid to keep them in the sun, just keep them mulched and water them frequent during the growing season. The wind is just as hard on these plants as the sun is, drying them out, so keep them watered.

      To compare your photos, I included an attachment with Northern Hi-light azaleas.
      If the attachment doesn't come thru, just google "Northern Hi-lights azaleaz".

      Good luck...............John Migas(Michigan)