      Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2012 8:35 AM
      Subject: Re: [AZ] Well, I'm Baaaacccckkk!

      Mike,
      Thanks for the lead in. Joe's azaleas are doing great with the almost 30 inches of rain we have had in the last three months.
      Joe,
      Your azaleas were a featured hit at the Asheville Convention. Lisa Beasley (with a little help from Jeff), rooted all that we were able to supply.
      All,
      You may remember that Joe's health was not all that good in 2008 and he asked that his plants be taken, propagated and distributed. Aaron Cook and I went to Joe's Nursery and picked up his plants and brought them to my place. Several years of horrible weather took its toll but none of the named plants were lost. Several of the unnamed plants have turned out to be worthy of consideration and now, that we are past the 2012 Convention, I will concentrate on propagating those for future Conventions.
      John Brown