      From: azaleas@yahoogroups.com [mailto:azaleas@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
      bsperling
      Sent: Monday, April 11, 2011 9:42 AM
      To: azaleas@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [AZ] FFF in NoVA

      Hi All!
      Tom Boswell wrote a book called "Why Time Begins On Opening Day" and

      that is an appropriate phrase. The bulbs and ephemerals of early spring
      were a prelude, but spring starts today with the first "opening day":
      The first full flower (FFF) on Dayspring opened today. This is the
      11th year I've had that variety and it is 5.5 days later than the
      average of the previous 10 FFFs. The winter was cold and dry, the
      spring was average with adequate moisture.
      I'm not expecting another FFF from other plants today or tomorrow
      but
      most plants are well budded and, if the deer stay away and we don't have
      days of cold rains in late April and early May the displays should be good.
      Barry, 10 mi S of DC

      When you reply to an email, PLEASE quote its relevant part(s) only, as
      context, and DELETE the rest - especially this line and the Yahoo lines.
      And PLEASE tell us your city, state and/or USDA zone.

      We welcome attached images RESIZED to be under 100KB in size - 640 x 480
      pixel JPEG images at 50% or 1:40 compression are ideal. By attaching them
      you agree that, without giving up your rights to them, they may be shown on
      Azalea Society websites.

      Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic