      From: azaleas@yahoogroups.com [mailto:azaleas@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jim Willhite
      Sent: Sunday, August 01, 2010 12:46 PM
      To: azaleas@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [AZ] Rhododendron prunifolium 'C. D. Coleman'

      Jamie told me that Mr. Koone was the source for their SD Coleman. Is that the same plant as Earl's? I think there was some discussion on this group a while back that it may not be, but Earl would know.
      Jim Willhite
      Berwyn, PA

      On Friday, July 30, 2010, at 10:29 PM, William C. Miller III wrote:

      Earl,

      Bottom line:  I interpret your response to say that the image that I provided.... is NOT 'S. D. Coleman'.  This is the clarification that I'm looking for.

      The only image that I could find was at the Meadowbrook Nursery Web site:

      http://206.130.121.42/listing.php?table=zone&tid=8&page=42

      To me, the Meadowbrook image and the image that you posted look the same ....and they are much redder than the image I posted.

      Bill

      Harold Greer wrote:

      Earl, please clarify.  If they were both rooted from the same mother plant, they would be the same cultivar.  Isn’t that correct?

      Harold Greer

      <image.tiff>