15038Re: [AZ] Rhododendron prunifolium 'C. D. Coleman'

  • Jim Willhite
    Aug 1, 2010
      Jamie told me that Mr. Koone was the source for their SD Coleman. Is
      that the same plant as Earl's? I think there was some discussion on
      this group a while back that it may not be, but Earl would know.
      Jim Willhite
      Berwyn, PA

      On Friday, July 30, 2010, at 10:29 PM, William C. Miller III wrote:

      > Earl,
      >
      > Bottom line:  I interpret your response to say that the image that I
      > provided.... is NOT 'S. D. Coleman'.  This is the clarification that
      > I'm looking for.
      >
      > The only image that I could find was at the Meadowbrook Nursery Web
      > site:
      >
      > http://206.130.121.42/listing.php?table=zone&tid=8&page=42
      >
      > To me, the Meadowbrook image and the image that you posted look the
      > same ....and they are much redder than the image I posted.
      >
      > Bill
      >
      > Harold Greer wrote:
      >

      > Earl, please clarify.  If they were both rooted from the same mother
      > plant, they would be the same cultivar.  Isn’t that correct?
      >

      > Harold Greer

      <image.tiff>

      Jim Willhite
      West Chester, PA