      From: sjperk5
      Sent: Apr 2, 2010 8:19 PM
      To: azaleas@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [AZ] Deer Fence

      My plan for deer control in the event we ever have this problem is pretty simple. The spring after the damage I will put out a call saying that every woody plant in the yard is available free to whoever wishes to dig them.

      My yard is simply not shaped right to justify fencing it.

      Take a way the food and there will be no deer.

      John Perkins
      Salem, NH

      --- In azaleas@yahoogroups .com, John Migas <azaleajohn@ ...> wrote:

      > Hello David,
      >
      > I feel your pain when you mention the deer problems. Most folks comment that they are cute.
      >
      > After investing in a garden, watching it grow, anticipating the next seasons blooms. Only to be disappointed when suddenly the deer, in one night leave you with a nightmare. Wow, I thought these activities only happened to me. I love hearing about the cute little deer stories from others.
      >
      > My good friend, after vitisting you and Leslie last year, you do have a major issue in protecting the garden, especially the size of your property. I have a few solutions to the problem.
      >
      > #1 Michael Campbell may have the right intentions but I don't think in your neighborhood
      >      it is allowed to hunt. Lead is the best solution.
      >
      > #2 Deer netting, not cheap but a great solution.
      >      http://www.growerss upply.com/ farm/supplies/ ProductDisplay? catalogId= 10551&storeId= 10001&langId= -1&division= GrowersSupply& productId= 15969
      >
      > #3 Chemicals
      >    http://search. store.yahoo. net/cgi-bin/ nsearch?catalog= btgrowersupply& query=deer& .autodone= http%3A%2F% 2Fwww.growersupp ly.com%2F% 3FOVRAW%3Dgrower ssupply.com% 26OVKEY%3Dnurser y%2520supply% 26OVMTC%3Dadvanc ed%26OVADID% 3D857159521% 26OVKWID% 3D5130145521% 26OVCAMPGID% 3D77014021% 26OVADGRPID% 3D362550909% 26OVNDID% 3DND1
      >
      > #4 My brother decided to feed the few he was having problems with, and it does work.
      >      Unfortunately one evening, the deer took the liberty to invite their cousins over for
      >      dinner. I will end this story now since it is too painful to tell the "rest of the story".
      >
      > I personally have only used lead. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. IT WORKS.
      > Good Luck......John Migas

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic