improving eyesight

  • hariatmayoga
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2006
      Can anyone tell me if Jevantyadi Ghrita and Swarna bhasma are to be
      taken internally or mixed together and put in the eyes?

      We cannot get ahold of the Ayurvedic Dr. that sent these medicines
      to us.

      My husband has preglaucoma. I have nearsightedness. Apparently the
      eye medicnes are for both of us. The medicines sent are Jevantyadi
      Ghrita . There are 3 packets of swarna bhasma , each packet has
      minute amount .

      The Dr. said to mix 10ml of jevantyadi ghrita in to a small bottle
      then add swarna bhasma. Mix them together thoroughly with help of
      wooden stick apply this medicine mixed inside the lower lid of both
      eyes about the quatity which comes to tip of index findger once
      daily. You have to mix well this medicne each time before you apply.
      Close eyes for few minutes then remain the medicine in the eye for
      10min . then wash eyes with plain water.

      This doesn't make sense to me, because the Jevantyadi Ghrita bottle
      says to take it internally. Also the Swarna bhasma is fine powder
      tucked into a packet, 3packets . It does not need to be mixed with a
      stick, because it is not a solid mass that needed to be broken up.
      After mixing it with 10ml of Jevantyadi Ghrita and using what = the
      tip of an index finger is very minute amount, and if you have to mix
      fresh each time what happens to what you mixed up today, and then
      there is hardly any left, and it is suppose to be for preglaucoma
      and nearsightedness?

      The good Dr. must be out of town as he is not responding to my
      emails. Can anyone here clarify this for me?

      thank you,
      Hariatma
    • P Subramani
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2006
        Please contact Dr. Namboodiri, Sreedhareeyam Hospial, Cell: 9447033927
        can lead to serious problems.

        On 11/1/06, hariatmayoga <hariatmayoga@...> wrote:
        > Can anyone tell me if Jevantyadi Ghrita and Swarna bhasma are to be
        > taken internally or mixed together and put in the eyes?
      • dr.aashish phadke
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 4, 2006
          Dear Sir /Madam,
          I do agree with author. As per my opinion , better do not put this combination Jeevanthyadi ghritam with Suvarna Bhasma INSIDE EYE ! If you have any specific querries , please do feel free to ask me.
          With warm regards,
          Prof.Dr.Aashish Phadke
          M.D.(Ayurved),M.I.I.M.(Gold Medal)
          M.I.O.A.,D.Opt.(Mumbai),Dip.in Yoga,Dip.inYogic Edu.
          Ayurveda & Eye Consultant
          Centre for Ayurveda & Panchakarma Therapy
          Eye Care Clinic & Yoga Therapy Centre
          Navi Mumbai,India
          www.ayurvision.com