Favorite Asanas

  • Rob Petrone
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2005
      What are folks' favorite series of asanas for a given yoga practice?
      I'm interested to know. My own personal favorite is:

      Downward Facing Dog (Adho Mukha Svanasana)
      Standing Forward Bend (Uttanasana)
      Four-Limbed Staff (Chaturanga)
      Upward Facing Dog (Urdhura Mukha Svanasana)
      Downward Facing Dog (Adho Mukha Svanasana)
      Warrior I & II (Virabhadrasana I & II)
      Extended Triangle (Utthita Trikonasana)
      Revolved Side Angle w/Hands in Prayer (Parivrtta Parsvakonasana with
      hands in Anjali Mudra)
      Forward Lunge, forward bending variation with hands on either side of
      foot (Modified Anjaneyasana)
      Standing Split (Urdhva Prasarita Ekapadasana)
      Seated Spinal Twist or Half Lord of the Fishes (Ardha Matsyendrasana)
      Seated Ankle-to-Knee Forward Bend (Modified Paschimottanasana)
      Compass Pose (Surya Yantrasana)
      Pigeon (Eka Pada Rajakapotasana)
      Downward Facing Dog (Adho Mukha Svanasana)
      Forearm Stand or Peacock Feather (Pincha Mayurasana)
      Headstand (Salamba Sirsasana)
      Downward Facing Dog (Adho Mukha Svanasana)
      Forward Lunge with Knee on Ground (Modified Anjaneyasana)
      Monkey Pose (Hanumanasana)
      Downward Facing Dog (Adho Mukha Svanasana)
      Camel (Ustrasana)
      Plank (High Chaturanga)
      Locust Pose (Salabhasana)
      Bow Pose (Dhanurasana)
      Wheel (Urdhva Dhanurasana)
      Little Boat (Pavana Muktasana or Apanasana)
      Squat (Modified Malasana [garland pose] / Namaskarasana [prayer pose])
      Seated Forward Bend (Paschimottansansa)
      Shoulder Stand (Sarvangasana)
      Plow (Halasana)
      Fish (Matsyasana)
      Corpse (Savasana)

      I do this one a lot, but would like to change it up a bit so that I
      don't neglect the benefits of other poses. Any input would be
      appreciated.

      Rob Petrone
    • Guru Khalsa
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2005
        Rob,

        All the asanas are good. I don't see Salute to the
        Sun on the list.

        Keep up,
        GB Khalsa

        The list of asanas given by Rob can be found by clicking on