Non-Denominational Brooklyn Cookie Swap / ZG2NYC Virtual Book Tour

  • Ayun Halliday
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2010
      Whoosh! That's the wind in my ever-graying hair. Is it the speed with
      which this year is rushing by? Yes, but also, I've got my head hanging
      out the window of the Zinester's Guide to NYC's Virtual Tour Bus. It
      runs on cyberdiesel and everything in here smells like French fries!

      That's right. December 1. You know what that means. You can light that
      Hannukah candle later. That little door on your advent calendar can
      wait. As can dinner. Right now it's time to join me on the First Stop
      of the ZG2NYC Virtual Book Tour: Mira's List

      http://miraslist.blogspot.com/2010/11/interview-with-author-ayun-halliday.html

      (If you're an artist, writer, dancer, musician, filmmaker, or some
      variant thereof, Mira is your Patron Saint of financial, residential,
      and prestige-conferring potential.)

      *************

      This tour, like pretty much everything relating to me, is coming
      together at the very last minute. I'm scrambling to finalize some of
      the dates. If something falls through, I can sleep on your couch,
      right? Me and 50 some contributors, some of them with really
      particular dietary preferences / restrictions? So if your doorbell
      rings at midnight, it's just us.

      Meanwhile, here is a partial list of Virtual Book Tour hosts:
      http://ayunhalliday.com/?p=307

      *************

      Tell you what. Come with us, and we'll give you some cookies. In
      Brooklyn. In the flesh. On December 15. At the Zinester's Guide to NYC
      NonDenominational Brooklyn Cookie Swap. And you have to bring us some
      cookies in return
      Here's your invite:
      http://ayunhalliday.com/?p=300

      If YOUR dietary restrictions prohibit cookies, please join us this
      Sunday for the ZG2NYC Contributor Smackdown / Veggie Potluck SNackdown.
      Your formal invite:
      http://ayunhalliday.com/?p=138

      Speaking of invites, your Facebook friends are welcome to crash these
      parties. Slip them their invites by looking up the event on the ZG2NYC
      Facebook page:
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Zinesters-Guide-to-NYC/123082511079551

      ******************

      Wow, I just got a rather pointed "So, are you going to prepare food?"
      You should probably consider that your cue, too.

      xxxxxxx from your spaniel,

      Ayun Halliday
      Chief Primatologist, The East Village Inky
      Primary Contributor, The Zinester's Guide to NYC
      Alleged Family Feeder

      The Zinester's Guide to NYC - available now
      from the author of No Touch Monkey! And Other Travel Lessons Learned
      Too Late
      http://ayunhalliday.com