First Annual East Village Inky picnic!

  • Gregory A. Kotis & Ayun Halliday
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2002
      Get your heinie on over to the first annual East Village Inky potluck
      picnic!
      Saturday, August 24, 2002 from 11am to 2pm
      Raindate: Sunday, August 25, 2002 from 11am to 2pm
      If it rains on the raindate, let us consider that an omen and stay in our
      burrows for another year.

      Directions: We¹ll be in Brooklyn, in Prospect Park¹s Long Meadow. It can
      be reached from many directions, but the best one I know is to take the F
      train to 7th Ave in Park Slope, exit using the 8th avenue staircase, walk to
      the park, and then walk 6 blocks down to the 3rd street entrance. Enter on
      the footpath or the road, either way you¹ll pass a playground and then your
      path will be crossed by another road. Watching out for crazed cyclists and
      rollerbladers, do like the proverbial chicken and cross that road. Plunge
      into the Œforest¹ on a well worn dirt groove and you¹ll emerge into the long
      meadow, a big green lawn, with a gentle hill to the right. We¹ll be
      somewhere near that hill. I¹m hoping to make an East Village Inky flag.
      Look for my purple sheet.

      Bring:
      eats to share and serving utensils if required. Oh hell, this reminds me
      to buy paper plates. Okay, I¹ll bring paper plates and name badges (getting
      really ambitious now)

      camera

      your kids but they¹re certainly not required, in fact, those of who have
      kids will be thrilled if you don¹t have kids because we need all the help we
      can get.

      your picnic blanket or hippie sheet

      an extra diaper (even if you don¹t have kids. We¹re not here to judge you.)
      Also, the only washrooms in the park are of the horrible honeybucket
      variety, so be a good grandma and fold a couple of squares of Kleenex in
      your pocket to use as toilet paper.

      balls, bubble and anything that won¹t drive your child apeshit, pardon my
      french, when another child wants a turn.

      popsicle money

      your zine, flyers to promote your next project, and anything else you¹re
      itching to unload.

      Hope to see you there!
      xo Ayun