Mother Lover!

  • Greg Kotis & Ayun Halliday
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2008
      Drop those Dear-Foams! Renounce that Rhododendron! Mama don't want no
      cherry-filled chocolates. Make Mother's Day come four times a year with
      a subscription to the East Village Inky!

      And given that there are so many deserving mothers and mother-figures
      out there, why limit yourself to just one? From now until Mother's Day,
      Sunday, May 11, you can purchase five, count 'em, 5, East Village Inky
      subscriptions for the price of 3.3333333333333333333!

      That's five East Village Inky subscriptions for 40 bucks!

      Great Julia Ward Howe, that's one giant mother of a deal.

      http://www.ccnow.com/cgi-local/cart.cgi?evinky_5for4MOM

      Just click the above link, plastic in hand, or mail a check payable to
      Ayun Halliday to
      The East Village Inky
      PO Box 22754
      Brooklyn NY 11202

      (If mama already has 5 subscriptions to the East Village Inky, why not
      lay some Dirty Sugar Cookies on her? Or a big old malodorous No Touch
      Monkey! Big Rump, Job Hopper, anything's better than traffic median
      roses... Start snooping around in that vein by clicking this link:
      http://tinyurl.com/3agb97)

      In other news, East Village Inky #38 is still swirling about in the
      mental ether, as all available in-school hours are spent in the
      undisclosed, underground bunker, racing the clock to get this novel -
      this possibly unpublishable novel - polished up before the horrors of
      summer vacation are upon us. Accordingly, we may have to dance around
      the May issue's maypole in June... but dance we will, so don't forget
      to inform Circulation Intern Mungo if you've moved...

      Those with time to burn, who don't care WHEN the next issue arrives are
      invited to wallow with me on Facebook, where I can be found indulging
      in cyberScrabble when not fending off an unrelenting plague of yellow
      striped kittens unleashed by a merciless old theatrical cohort... Lots
      of photos of the girl and the boy for those charting their growth at
      home...

      Okee dokee. I'm off to the ancestral lands for my 25th high school
      reunion. Read all about it, come "May".

      Ayun Halliday
      Chief Primatologist
      The East Village Inky