Firecracker Firecracker Boom Boom Boom

  • Gregory A. Kotis & Ayun Halliday
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2002
      Thanks to all of you tireless guerilla marketeers who voted online, The East
      Village Inky snared the Best Zine award in The Firecracker Alternative Book
      Awards last Friday night. To paraphrase my gobbling, impromptu acceptance
      speech, "It feels really good to win anything! It feels good to win! So
      thank you!" Really, really, thank you. This award meant more to me than
      anything a high powered publicist or a multimillion dollar advertising
      campaign could score this small potato.

      just a reminder: I'll be reading at Atomic Books in Baltimore on Thursday
      at 7pm and at Bluestockings Bookstore in NYC on Mothers Day.

      which reminds me : Happy Mothers Day to you all! So what if it's an
      invented Hallmark Holiday!? Demand flowers, foot massage, chocolate,
      brunch, housecleaning, respect, time in a hammock! (even if you don't have
      a child, but especially if you do.)

      xo Ayun
      --
      If you're a mother, if you have three thumbs, if you're uncircumcised, if
      you ever believed in Santa or the Easter bunny, if you DARE TO BE HEINIE