candy hangover, mamaphonic, and any more tardys will result in suspension

  • Gregory Kotis and Ayun Halliday
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2004
      Avast, thar, ye scurvy knaves. We be a might hyperglycemic after last
      night, laying siege to the streets of Brooklyn in full pirate regalia,
      ar, aye, even young Greggy, the put-upon cabin boy.

      but we didn't want the holiday to pass without wishing ye a happy all
      souls day, ar.

      also, for those of ye what be new york-based, ar, there ar some worthy
      events on the horizon, ar.

      On Friday, Nov. 5th, there'll be a Book Release Party for the Mamphonic
      anthology at Jane's Exchange, 207 Avenue A, 212-674-6268. I'll be
      there, pillaging the crackers and cheap white wine, as will Bee
      Lavender, the scourge of the seas and many other snaggle-toothed,
      one-eyed contributors. Shiver me timbers, I'll slit the throat of any
      who dares read aloud, including myself, but you're welcome to bring
      your young and browse amongst the racks of reasonably priced second
      hand booty. AR! AVAST!

      Then Tuesday, Nov. 9th, that murderous wench Lavender is using me as
      chum to lure ye to the KGB Bar, 85 East 4th Street (between 2nd & 3rd
      Aves) at 7pm and this time we'll be reading aloud from the Mamaphonic
      anthology. ar. but don't bring your children, unless they be above the
      age of one and twenty years.

      here be the link to the book, for those of ye who care to ken more:
      http://www.powells.com/cgi-bin/biblio?inkey=62-1932360646-0

      Some of ye has been screaming for me to walk the plank, thinking I'd
      sought to fleece ye of your treasured east village inky, ar. But ahoy,
      avast, the new issue be held up in customs, whilst her majesty's royal
      heiners search the vessel from crows nest to poop deck, hoping to roust
      out some Advice to the Fathers. It'll be coming next week, most like,
      and about as fresh as yesterday's halibut, given that it makes frequent
      reference to a current administration that Cod willing, won't be so
      current after tomorrow, ar. AR! ARRR!!!

      but from now on, know ye that the east village inky shall shift its
      publication schedule to the good months of november, february, may and
      august to squelch these mutinous mumblings from the galley.

      AR! Avast, ahoy, another fun-size snickers, Mr. Smee!

      xo,
      Ayun Halliday
      Rear Admiral of the good ship INKY

      dare to be heinie