shaggy dog story that's all the hairier for being true from the genius behind the curtain at The East Village inky

  • Gregory Kotis
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2004
      Dear Friends of The East Village Inky
      Thanks for your patience! The July Inky, henceforth to be known as the
      August Inky got shuttled to a back burner when I realized the fall
      deadline for my new book meant sept 1, not november 4, the date I'd
      randomly lit upon because the leaves were red when we got married.
      Mailed the completed originals back to their Manhattan printer, but
      then the printer was on vacation and he must have had a good time
      because he printed it inside out. actually, it made me feel good, like
      maybe I'm not the only one... And when I apologized for any
      miscommunications on my end leading to the waste of a tree, he told me
      that his papers made from eucalyptus which 'grows like weeds' ... which
      sounds about suspiciously like my habit of classifying fish as
      vegetables. Anyhoo, he says I can expect a big old box of them printed
      outside out on Monday and if there's breath in my body, and I'm home
      when the UPS man rings, I'll staple those suckers up and get em out the
      door before Little Momo and I scamper off down mexico way. so they're
      coming! they're coming! but boy howdy are they late.

      Is everybody having a nice summer?

      Oh, and while you're lacking for your regular reading material, why not
      pick up a copy of Bitch: Feminist Response to Pop Culture. I've got a
      little story in there that will probably make you reconsider ever
      hiring me to give you a massage, but more than that, it's one of the
      worthiest rags I know, and more than deserving of your support!
      http://www.bitchmagazine.com/

      Dare to Be Heinie!
      xo Ayun Halliday

      coming in Spring 05:
      Job Hopper: The Checkered Career of a Downmarket Dilettante
      http://www.ayunhalliday.com