No Touch Monkey Storming the Beach and a memoir workshop

  • Gregory Kotis
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2004
      Ahoy there Cape Codders.
      Why bake like a lizard when you can spend a sunny summer afternoon
      indoors at the library with the creator of The East Village Inky?Learn
      how to write your torrid memoirs in 2 and a half hours (bring a
      thimble, because my great wisdom ought to fit in it for convenient
      carry out!) It's absolutely free at any rate!
      Bring a notebook and bury the kids up to their necks in sand.

      Then, Grasshopper, you will have a chance to see if the learned teacher
      knows what the hell she's talking about when I read aloud from No Touch
      Monkey! And Other Travel Lessons Learned Too Late the following week.

      If you could alert your friends in the Boston area to these events, I'd
      be much obliged:Wednesday July 14, 2-4:30pm Free Memoir Writing
      workshop by Ayun Halliday
      Monday July 19 8pm No Touch Monkey reading Autographed copies for sale!
      Wellfleet Public Library
      http://wellfleetlibrary.org
      55 West Main, Street Wellfleet, MA 02667
      508-349-0310
      Directions The Library is located approximately 1/2 mile from Route 6.
      Turn off Route 6 onto Main Street at the traffic light. Follow Main
      Street through the center of the village past the Town Hall and the
      shops. The Library is on the left with parking adjacent to the building
      and also in an overflow lot beyond the building off Howland Lane. There
      is reserved handicapped parking and wheelchair access through the
      Howland Lane garden entrance.

      In other news:
      Go see Avenue Q - it deserves its success, and Inky better not welsh on
      her promise to refrain from singing some of its saltier lyrics at
      school, in friends' homes, on the stoop...

      If Daddy already has a copy of No Touch Monkey! And Other Travel
      Lessons Learned Too Late, perhaps he might like to play with dollies
      this Father's Day. Who wouldn't want to get his hands on George W and
      his infernal cabinet? There's no shame in a grown man playing with
      paper dolls - the book is by a friend of a friend who says he needs
      help in his fledgling guerilla marketing effort. Patrick, when I meet
      you, don't say I never did nothing for you. (because that would be bad
      grammar)
      "Punch Out the President (and Pals)!" by Patrick Regan, ISBN # :
      0-7407-4345-7 Order it from your favorite indie bookstore today.

      Finally, some guerilla market research for my next book. If you were
      going to buy a book about someone's crappy day jobs, would you reach
      for the one titled Job Hopper or the one titled Dilettante? Why come?

      Thank you for your kind attention!
      xo Ayun Halliday

      Dare To Be Heinie!
      Remind Daddy of his carefree childless existence with a copy of No
      Touch Monkey! And Other Travel Lessons Learned Too Late this Father's
      Day.
      http://www.ayunhalliday.com