Motherly Readings, Cape Cod summer rental and The Inky Institute for Advanced Esoteric Studies

  • Gregory Kotis
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12, 2004
      Any second now I'm going to log off and sit on Greg until he turns in Advice
      To The Fathers so the new East Village Inky can hit the printer but before I
      do...

      I've got two readings coming up in NYC - they promise to be chaos filled as
      the young are coming with - could be a nightmare. See us at our worst!

      Sunday, April 18 at 2pm
      Book Court
      163 Court Street
      Brooklyn
      718-875-3677

      If Milo can stand for me to read something without pictures to someone other
      than himself, I'll be reading from the Toddler anthology, as will Joyce
      Maynard, Nicole Cooley, Rebecca Boucher and Jennifer Margulis. Children are
      welcome - Inky and Milo will be there.

      €

      MOTHER'S DAY Sunday, May 9 at 4pm
      Bluestockings Bookstore
      172 Allen Street at Stanton (1 Block South of Houston)
      NYC
      212-777-6028

      I'll be reading ... I don't know what I'll be reading... Maybe my recent
      BUST column about Milo turning everything into a gun. Katherine Arnoldi,
      author of The Amazing True Story of a Teenage Single Mom is running the
      show! Children are welcome - Inky and Milo will be there.

      Further down the road, I've got readings and a memoir workshop in Cape Cod
      this July and an appearance at The Big Goddess Pow Wow in Chicago in August.

      Wait, speaking of Cape Cod, if you know anyone with deep pockets who'd like
      to rent a somewhat ramshackle 4 bedroom house in the backwoods of Wellfleet
      for the last 3 weeks of August, tell them to get in touch. Enjoy free use of
      heavily laden book shelves, scratchilicious jazz 78s, and baby pictures of
      Greg Kotis. Walk to the beach and a whole host of kettle ponds.

      Finally, a geographically unspecific educational treat that is entirely
      unsuitable for just about everyone.
      http://ayunhalliday.com/news.html
      Scroll down a bit to see this semester's tuition free offerings at
      The East Village Inky Institute for Advanced Esoteric Studies
      Culled from a season's worth of Google searches that (mis) led seekers to my
      website. Our heinie-specific curriculum is heavily weighted toward monkeys,
      penises and monkey penises. Aspiring chefs should check out the culinary
      institute. Interdisciplinary internships are available. Please scroll down
      to the end of the syllabus for information on the
      Ayun Halliday All Time Favorite Ongoing Scholarship Award.

      Oh my god, I just ate a dozen hardboiled eggs.

      Xo Ayun Halliday

      -- Dare to be Heinie. Read
      No Touch Monkey! And Other Travel Lessons Learned Too Late
      By Ayun Halliday
      http://www.ayunhalliday.com