cranking up the monkey machine

  • Ayun Halliday and Greg Kotis
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 14, 2003
      Can you hear it chugging down the tracks, the mixed metaphor express?
      Friends, when No Touch Monkey! And Other Travel Lessons Learned Too Late is
      actually available for purchase in a couple of weeks, I'll blow the horn
      loud and clear, jamming your email in box with 2 missives in one month.
      criminal. but you did sign up for ayun news... or you read the east village
      inky... so hopefully you won't mind the taste of this spam too much.

      I've got a lot of appearances coming up in the next few months in November
      and December in New York, Baltimore, Chicago and Indianapolis ... Webmaster
      Dave is still slapping them up at
      http://www.ayunhalliday.com/news.html#appcal... but if you're in Brooklyn
      this weekend, by all means, swing by DUMBO where I'll be peddling my wares
      at the Cheap Small Press Fair on Sunday the 19th from 10 am to 5pm. More
      info about the event is here:
      http://www.uglyducklingpresse.org/newsandevents.html

      For those of you wishing to spoil your dinner with an early taste of monkey,
      you can read all about Greg's and my adventures in Pushkar by ambling on
      over to http://www.ayunhalliday.com/monkey/index.html

      Do check back though because as soon as Webmaster Dave comes down from his
      ether high, he'll be posting some vintage traveling snapshots which, while
      ridiculous, do make me look young (and make Greg look like Lawrence of
      Arabia). Also links to some of my favorite travel sites, exciting travel
      reads, and the No Touch Monkey video companion. And Hanoi Circus Monkey
      t-shirts. Okay?

      Okay, Milo's friend Sadie the Baby Lady is going to knock my block off if I
      don't get her some juice, so I'll close by telling you that East Village
      Inky #21 is at the printer's as of today. Start your eyeball exercises so
      you'll be ready to read the miniscule handwriting through the uncorrected
      smudges.

      Happy Halloween! xo
      Ayun
      --
      No Touch Monkey! And Other Travel Lessons Learned Too Late
      ... fourteen essays for readers who dare to be heinie