Don't believe what you read in The East Village Inky

  • Ayun Halliday
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2003
      Where's that damn fact checker? If you're planning to drive thousands of
      miles to catch a Big Rumpus reading at Borders in Framingham MA, better bump
      up your itinerary two days... The correct date is Wednesday, August 6 at
      7:30pm, as reported on the website but NOT, I repeat, NOT in that little rag
      I nearly broke my hand stapling together the first week of my vacation here
      in Cape Cod. Borders is at 85 Worcester Rd, take exit 13 off the Mass.
      Turnpike. 508-875-2321...

      For those of you in the Midwest, if you can get your heiner to Chicago on
      August 13 (and I know that date's correct because it's my mother's
      birthday), you can dip your ears into No Touch Monkey, read in tones far
      more sylvan than my own by the incomparable Diana Slickman! Just one of the
      wonders on display at this months travel-themed installment of Webmaster
      Dave Awl's Partly Dave Show!
      Wed. August 13 at 8pm
      at The No Exit Café
      6970 N. Glenwood (Morse el stop)
      $5 or pay what you can
      More info: http://www.ocelotfactory.com/partlydave

      We'll be at our summer palace until September 1, so no back issues mailed
      until then, though we've laid in a goodly supply of stapled up #20s for new
      subscribers and single issue orders.

      Have a hap hap happy summer. See you at the Wellfleet Drive-In. I'll leave
      you with an official East Village Inky online two sentence movie review of
      Spy Kids 3 in 3D:
      I had a hunch that the child who agitated so prettily to see what is
      surely the worst movie of the summer would fall asleep 15 minutes into it,
      even though we stayed trying to get our eighteen dollars worth. The 3D
      effect made Greg nauseous unless it was the clams.

      Xo Ayun