hippity hop, pretend it's easter sunday

  • Ayun Halliday and Greg Kotis
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2003
      hey friends.
      http://www.ayunhalliday.com has been updated -
      you can consider yourself a publishing insider - go see the title of my next
      book, as well as the worthy cause for all you donation-happy
      do-goodie-3-thumbs.

      and if you're in NYC tomorrow, break out your carrots and long ears and join
      us as we help Miss Bunny wage a truly righteous battle outside of the Astor
      Place Kmart. If you've read The Big Rumpus, you know my family's got some
      Easter issues, but one thing we're not confused about is who ain't welcome
      on our Easter grass. See below! and if you're not in NYC, call up your
      local chain drugstore or Walmart-type discount megastore to see if you'll
      have to hop down the bunny trail to protest the war-toys commando crawling
      through their jellybeans. again, see below.

      sunny and warm and the dishwasher man came-eth today. Hosannah in the
      highest.
      xo Ayun

      hey mamas and friends,
      just when you thought you'd seen it all...they went and proved you wrong.
      the pentagon has invaded our easter baskets.
      many drug store chains, including kmart and walmart are selling easter
      baskets with army-type commandos (with guns, grenades, etc) instead of
      chocolate bunnies. the baskets even have candy in them!

      http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/retail/2003-03-07-easter_x.htm

      please spread the word for mamas to call these stores locally (and
      nationally) and request that the baskets be taken off the shelf permanently.
      Please join us (parents and kids included!!) in bunny ears for fun,
      tap-dancing and protest in front of Kmart on Astor Place tomorrow (Sunday)
      at 3:00pm.
      miss bunny staged a one-woman protest last week inside Kmart
      and spent the night in jail.  read the full story at:
      http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0311/baard2.php

      http://www.msnbc.com/news/885534.asp?0cv=KB20&cp1=1
      This week's action will be outside the store, where Kmart's management can't
      get us arrested!
      love and resistance

      Easterbunny Liberation Organization

      --
      If you're a mother, if you have three thumbs, if you're uncircumcised, if
      you ever believed in Santa or the Easter bunny, if you DARE TO BE HEINIE