41shaking peaches from your tree

  • Gregory Kotis and Ayun Halliday
    Jun 6, 2005
      Once once ONCE more into the breach dear friends...tell everyone you
      bump into the sidewalks of New York to high there heiner over to the
      Park Slope library (conveniently located a mere pebble flick from
      Barbes, one of the best bars in Brooklyn, if not all New York) for the
      final Job Hopper reading of the summer (skwew the ekwinox - it's as
      humid as the inside of a golden retriever's mouth this morning). What
      can I do to make this worth your while? If I bring cookies, can I get a
      guarantee that I won't look like a friendless heiner in front of the
      two folks who are definitely coming (unless their babysitter craps out
      or they come home from work grumpy or something better comes up at the
      last minute...) Will the library let me bring margaritas?

      Thursday, June 9th at 7pm
      Reading and signing
      Friends of the Park Slope Library 2005 Author Series
      Park Slope Library
      431 Sixth Avenue (Sixth Avenue between Eighth and Ninth Streets)
      Brooklyn
      718-832-1853
      (I'm serious about the need to drum up some seat-heiner for this
      event... if you'd mention it to Brooklyn-ers of your aquaintance, I'd
      be much obliged.)

      Then the following weekend, if I can get a babysitter and I'm not too
      grumpy and nothing better comes along...I'll be joining other
      contributors to The Risks of Sunbathing Topless, a just-published
      women's travel mishap anthology. I'm just shining you on ... I'll be
      there even if I have to drag the kids and what better do I ever have
      going on? Hear the nightmare of how I hiked up Kilimanjaro in a pair
      of $14.99 boots from Sportmart ... if you dare!
      Saturday June 18, at 7pm
      Reading
      Bluestockings
      172 Allen Street between Stanton and Rivington
      NYC
      212-777-6028

      Ah, the spam, however necessary, hangs heavy from my shoulders this
      morning. Allow me to offer a small treat that has nothing whatsoever to
      do with the advancement of what some might laughingly call my career.
      Don't forget to turn the sound way way up, unless you're at work or AA
      or a Women's Christian Temperance meeting...
      http://www.rathergood.com/first_drink/

      Cheers from the Dept of Primatology's sub-basement
      and
      Ayun Halliday
      Dare to be Heinie! http://www.ayunhalliday.com