Advanced referee fitness requirements

  • Mahesh Bhagat
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 17, 2008
      Refs,

      If you are thinking about getting an advanced badge then get the following fitness test out of the way. If you are like me then I cannot run well in the heat (even though I grew up in a hot/humid place :-)) during Golden gate camp in Jul/August. As email says you have 3 months to get in shape. I am getting on the treadmill starting tomorrow.

      Please let me know if you would like to sign up for the Fitness test. You can take class later.
      Thanks,
      -Mahesh

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 18, 2008
        Hi Mahesh, can you sign me up for the fitness test.

        Regards,
        John

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 18, 2008
          Hi Mahesh,

          Does everyone know what the fitness test consists of?
          1. Run for 12 minutes without stopping and cover at least
          1600m (4 laps of the track at De Anza College)
          After a short break
          2. Run 50m sprint in 10 sec.
          Another short break
          3. Run 200m sprint in 42 sec.

          Suggestion for getting ready for this. Do some interval
          work. You all probably run faster than me, but my
          suggestion is to do some sprint work if necessary to get
          the sprint times where they need to be.

          I'll see you there--I'm giving Rosie moral support and
          running with her. Now, I have to start running.

          Connie