Temp. Transplant looking for info

  • philo_2727
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 8, 2014
      Greetings to the Barony Ayreton,My name is Kiena the Blue. I'm from Caid (Los Angeles). I will be spending a few months in Chicago for work starting the end of July. I will be living in the "west loop" as far as I can tell from the info I've been given. Near Madison and Clinton St.I plan to bring my armor and some garb so I can come out and play and meet some new folks!I have a few questions:What group will I be in? What is the current fighter practice schedule in the Chicago area and maybe nearby areas? An hour drive would be acceptable. I will have a wonky schedule and I'm curious of my options once work settles. And any great events relatively close to Chicago that I should keep an eye on?Thank you in advanced for the info and I look forward to spending some time in Ayrerton.YIS THLady Kiena the Blue Squire to Duke Edward the Sinister, Caid.
    • philo_2727
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 10, 2014
        Wow that was formatted terribly. I will resend this so it's easier to read. Sorry folks!Blue
      • Christian Fournier
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 10, 2014
          Hi, Your Ladyship!

          The west loop would be in the Tree-Girt-Sea, a canton of the Barony of Ayreton.

          There are local rattan fight practices on most Wednesdays and Sundays, all within an hour’s drive (locations vary, depending on the season— in these parts, we move indoors in the winter!)  There’s a Facebook group called Ayreton Area Fight Practice, which will put you in touch with the local fighters, and keep you up to date on the week-to-week updates of where we’re fighting.

           Christian Fournier.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 11, 2014
            Thank you!

            I apologize for the terrible format on my post. Not sure what happened there. Thank you for pointing me to the facebook group.

            -Blue
          • Lesli H
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 13, 2014
              Welcome, Your Ladyship, to the beautiful Barony of Ayreton!

              ​My countrymen have provided due information that will serve you well during your visit to our lands. You will have a wonderful time here.

              I am the Baronial Chatelaine. If you need anything at all, ingame or mundane, please feel free to email or text or call me (I don't do vm, so please text if I can't answer a call). The chatelaine for the Canton of Tree-Girt Sea is Her Excellency, Sir Fern de le Foret. You will find that every member of the Barony of Ayreton is, in spirit, a chatelaine and I have no doubt you will be well-friended and cared for.

              You will be arriving just as many of our gentles will be off to Pennsic, but if you will visit the Midrealm calendar (midrealm.org), we have a few wonderful events just after War Week, including the Baroness Wars and Fox Hunt.

              Again, welcome! I look forward to making your acquaintance!

              YIS,

              Medb
            • Robyyan Torr d'Elandris
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 13, 2014
                Welcome, Kiena. (If you're commonly called something else, let us know!)

                Christian and Medb have given you good advice to get you started settling in to your home away from home. Do you have other interests to pursue while you're here? In this area we have a very active musical community (vocal and instrumental groups each meet weekly), active sewing, cooking, and brewing groups, a weekly archery practice, as well as less formal activities going on regularly. Although you'll be in Tree-Girt-Sea (http://www.midrealm.org/treegirtsea/), we are close enough to the other Cantons that compose the Barony of Ayreton that there is a lot of crossover at many activities.

                Looking forward to meeting you!

                http://robyyan.googlepages.com