Rockford IL Demo this Thursday - Fighters Needed

  • MacGregorsCairn@...
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 17, 2014
      Greetings all,
      I am given to understand that armored fighters are particularly needed for this event. Please help if you can.

      The Shire of Blackhawk will be holding an event on Thursday, June 19 to recruit new members to the shire. We invite any and all of our SCA friends to help us out.

      We will need fencers, fighters, cooks, dancers, artisans, musicians and others to show off what we do in the SCA and make the newcomers feel welcome.

      The official time for the event is from 7 to 9 PM but we will be setting up starting by 6:30 PM.

      The location (Northwest Community Center, 1325 N Johnston, Rockford), is in the Corbett Building north of the main building for the Community Center. We have plenty of room for all sorts of activities and if it is a nice evening we can be outside.

      To get to the site take your best route to Illinois Route 20 at Rockford. Exit at Meridian Rd and go north to Auburn Rd, turn right (east) on Auburn to Johnston. Turn left (north) on Johnston and go about two blocks. The Community Center is on the right. Go in the second driveway and go through the parking lot to the Corbett building.

      Please feel free to share this event with anyone you know, both outside and in the SCA.

      If you have any questions feel free to call Baron Aelfred of Chester at 815-973-1615.

      Modern: Nita L. Lewis
      SCA: THL Marie la Fauconniere, CDH, OW
      Midlands Regional Seneschal / Chatelaine of Ravenslake
      Shire of Ravenslake, Midlands, Kingdom of the Middle
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/12666413@N07/
      "In wine there is wisdom. In beer there is freedom. In water there is bacteria."