Four Demos in July! Can we do them all?

  • sirfern@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2014

       Dear Ayreton,

      We are very popular for summer camp demos! Now we have requests for FOUR demos in July. Can anybody help out? Contact me if you can help or if you have questions.

      fern1445-fern01@...
      cell 773-980-9722

      thanks for your good wishes!

      Fern

      1. July 10, Evanston.. Arts camp, with King Arthur theme. 6-12 old boys and girls

      Time: 10am and 11am  groups

      Location: Orrington School, 2636 Orrinton Ave, Evanston

      Demo theme: “Life in the King Arthur days. In the Olden Days, people made everything themselves. They made their own entertainment, their own clothes, their own books/ writing, their own tools and weapons.”

      Requested: music, dance, calligraphy, clothes and fabric arts, spinning, mail-making.

      SCA volunteers so far: Fern, Medb, Margaret Smythe, other musicians from Baron’s Noyse.

      2-4. CUB SCOUT DEMOS. Cub Scout daycamp, with King Arthur theme. (Need I say more? We know *all* about Cub Scout demos.) 70-80 boys, ages 6-12. With such a huge audience, you can see why I'm asking for help! Please send me email if you are interested.

      Requested:Armor, fighting, mail-making. Heraldry, music, dance, crafts.

      Demo Theme: “Life in the King Arthur days. In the Olden Days, knights fought in tournaments as sport. They used the same armor and weapons to fight wars. When the tournament was over, they had their own entertainment of music, dancing, feasts, and celebrations.

      2. July 8, Tuesday or July 9, Wednesday (negotiable). Orland Park.
      Time: 12 noon to 1:30 pm.
      Contact Person: Laura Engelthaler

      SCA volunteers: TBD

      3. July 17, Thursday. Homewood IL (south of I-80).

      Time: 12 noon to 3pm.
      Contact Person: Jenn Fortson
      SCA volunteers: Fern, Medb