Demo at Duckon science fiction convention - June 7 or 8

  • James McAdams
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 15, 2014
      Greetings,
      I mentioned the abstract possibility at the Baronial meeting last
      month. Now we have potential dates/times.
      The convention is being held in Wheeling at the Westin North
      Shore. We'd probably have a largish room (40x40?) with open space at
      the front. If we want tables to set up A&S type
      things we'll need a rough count in advance.

      Who would be available and willing to do a demo at 11AM or Noon
      Saturday, or Noon Sunday? Please let me know so we can get in their
      program book.

      Xavier
    • Philippa of Otterbourne
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 17, 2014
        I can't do Sunday but could help Saturday. I'm not attending the convention though. Would that be a problem?

        Philippa

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Apr 15, 2014, at 11:12 PM, James McAdams <jmcadams@...> wrote:

        > Greetings,
        > I mentioned the abstract possibility at the Baronial meeting last
        > month. Now we have potential dates/times.
        > The convention is being held in Wheeling at the Westin North
        > Shore. We'd probably have a largish room (40x40?) with open space at
        > the front. If we want tables to set up A&S type
        > things we'll need a rough count in advance.
        >
        > Who would be available and willing to do a demo at 11AM or Noon
        > Saturday, or Noon Sunday? Please let me know so we can get in their
        > program book.
        >
        > Xavier

        > Yahoo Groups Links

      • Jim Lai
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 17, 2014
          Would you want to have any fighting demos there?

          On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 11:51 AM, Philippa of Otterbourne <otterbourne@...> wrote:

          I can't do Sunday but could help Saturday. I'm not attending the convention though. Would that be a problem?

          Philippa

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Apr 15, 2014, at 11:12 PM, James McAdams <jmcadams@...> wrote:

          > Greetings,
          > I mentioned the abstract possibility at the Baronial meeting last
          > month. Now we have potential dates/times.
          > The convention is being held in Wheeling at the Westin North
          > Shore. We'd probably have a largish room (40x40?) with open space at
          > the front. If we want tables to set up A&S type
          > things we'll need a rough count in advance.
          >
          > Who would be available and willing to do a demo at 11AM or Noon
          > Saturday, or Noon Sunday? Please let me know so we can get in their
          > program book.
          >
          > Xavier

          > Yahoo Groups Links

        • James McAdams
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 18, 2014
            On 4/17/2014 11:51 AM, Philippa of Otterbourne wrote:
            > I can't do Sunday but could help Saturday. I'm not attending the convention though. Would that be a problem?
            I'm sorry, I should have said so. NO, those just taking part in
            the demo aren't expected to pay to attend the convention. If you want
            to join in, that's of course welcome - but it's not required.

            Everyone - please let me know if you think you can attend/help.
            If we're going to be on the schedule, they need to know VERY soon.

            Xavier
          • James McAdams
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 27, 2014
              Greetings!

              If there is anyone who can assist with putting on a Demo at the
              convention, please let me know ASAP. If you're not positive but
              likely, please let me know.
              They have us penciled into the schedule for 3PM on Saturday, but at this
              point I have heard from only 1 person who can assist. If we can't do a
              good demo, I'll contact them and let them know that we won't be there.

              Thank you for your attention,

              Xavier

              > Greetings,
              > I mentioned the abstract possibility at the Baronial meeting last
              > month. Now we have potential dates/times.
              > The convention is being held in Wheeling at the Westin North
              > Shore. We'd probably have a largish room (40x40?) with open space at
              > the front. If we want tables to set up A&S type
              > things we'll need a rough count in advance.
              >
              > Who would be available and willing to do a demo at 11AM or Noon
              > Saturday, or Noon Sunday? Please let me know so we can get in their
              > program book.
              >
              > Xavier

              ---
            • Jim Lai
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 27, 2014

                I asked before. Did you plan on doing fencing there? If so I can plan to make it.

                On Apr 27, 2014 11:13 PM, "James McAdams" <jmcadams@...> wrote:

                Greetings!

                If there is anyone who can assist with putting on a Demo at the
                convention, please let me know ASAP. If you're not positive but
                likely, please let me know.
                They have us penciled into the schedule for 3PM on Saturday, but at this
                point I have heard from only 1 person who can assist. If we can't do a
                good demo, I'll contact them and let them know that we won't be there.

                Thank you for your attention,

                Xavier

                > Greetings,
                > I mentioned the abstract possibility at the Baronial meeting last
                > month. Now we have potential dates/times.
                > The convention is being held in Wheeling at the Westin North
                > Shore. We'd probably have a largish room (40x40?) with open space at
                > the front. If we want tables to set up A&S type
                > things we'll need a rough count in advance.
                >
                > Who would be available and willing to do a demo at 11AM or Noon
                > Saturday, or Noon Sunday? Please let me know so we can get in their
                > program book.
                >
                > Xavier

                ---

              • duncan_the_monster
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 28, 2014
                  I'm in.
                  I will be at Duck already...but I'll have my kit with me.
                  I will also attempt to 'convince' a few others at the Ravenslake Monthly this sunday....