Officer Elections

  • Steve DesRoches
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 3, 2014

      Greetings Ayretonans
      As per our last baronial meeting on this past Sunday, it was announced that there will be Officer elections in June. If you are interested in running for office, or are a Baronial Officer already and wish to maintain your position, please declare your intent here within the next few days. Elections will take place at the June meeting scheduled for June 29 at Ghita's house in Bensenville. Attendance for candidates for office is strongly recommended.
      YIS
      Etienne

    • Fern
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 5, 2014
        Dear Ayreton,

        Here's an urgent question from one of my Japanese colleagues, who is being transferred back to Japan next month.

        What kind of boarding schools are available for a high-school senior for next year? My colleague's son is finishing his junior year and doesn't want to transfer to a Japanese high school for one year only. The son is at New Trier High School in Wilmette, IL, which is a very prestigious public school with high academic standards.

        What other options should he consider? Isn't there some organization that arranges host families for international students?

        Among all you educators, parents of children, and international travelers, I figure that somebody will have some good ideas for my colleague.

        Arigato goziemashita from my colleague! (Thank you very much, in Japanese).

        thanks from me, too!

        Fern

      • Metylda
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 6, 2014
          If the teen is interested in staying here, I did know people who found guardianships to finish out their HS career at the HS they were at. (In case they hadn't thought of that.) It's not easy, but it can be done. I will caveat that my knowledge of this is... able to vote. As for schools in Japan, I'm afraid that's one for which I don't have an answer.

          Metylda of Ravenslake

          "Whatever the cost of our libraries, the price is cheap compared to that of an ignorant nation"
          — Walter Cronkite

          *****

          Me þæt wyrd gewæf
          On Saturday, April 5, 2014 2:32 PM, Fern <fern1445-tgs@...> wrote:

[...]

        • Douglas Petroshius

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 10, 2014
              I intend to keep my position as Baronial Web Minister.  As requested, I intend to update the website within one week of a request sent to me.

              Requests sent to me should have "Website update request" placed in the subject bar.  Once received, I will respond with acknowledgement, and further respond with requests for clarification, or completion.

              Certain changes requested may be work intensive and not be completed in a week (i.e. On Line Award recognition)  While seeming obvious, this too will be communicated after initial request, and a more realistic time plan will be discussed at that point and published to the group for comment.

              This policy will be placed on the Baronial site as well.

              Yours in Service,

              Lord Dunstan Bramblette
              Webminister
              Barony of Ayreton

              On Thursday, April 3, 2014 12:13 PM, Steve DesRoches <spdesroches56@...> wrote:

              Greetings Ayretonans
              As per our last baronial meeting on this past Sunday, it was announced that there will be Officer elections in June. If you are interested in running for office, or are a Baronial Officer already and wish to maintain your position, please declare your intent here within the next few days. Elections will take place at the June meeting scheduled for June 29 at Ghita's house in Bensenville. Attendance for candidates for office is strongly recommended.
              YIS
              Etienne

            • Jim Lai