St. Crispin's "Eve" archery practice

  • James McAdams
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 15, 2012
      Greetings one and all,

      St. Crispen's day is coming up soon, and I would like suggest in
      honor of it, we have an outdoor practice on Sunday the 21st at Blackwell
      Forest Preserve in Warrenville.
      http://www.dupageforest.com/Conservation/ForestPreserves/Blackwell.html

      They FP district has put together a nice range.
      Dozens of targets - from 10 to 90 yards
      Crossbows permitted
      A picnic shelter a about 50 yards away, with tables and grills

      If there's any interest, I'll be out there by 10 or so to grab the
      shelter. We can shoot until sunset. There's a fair amount of space
      around for other activities as well.

      Xavier
    • Gearalt O'Tuathail
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 19, 2012
        We will probably be out around 1

        --
        Gearalt O'Tuathail
        mka Jason Tooley
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 20, 2012
          Xavier,

          Love the idea, but I'm still not 100% sure I will be able to make it, though it's looking a bit better that I will. Probably not for the whole day as I have to do some stuff for work this weekend.

          --Richard

          On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 11:58 PM, James McAdams <jmcadams@...> wrote:
          Greetings one and all,

               St. Crispen's day is coming up soon, and I would like suggest in
          honor of it, we have an outdoor practice on Sunday the 21st at Blackwell
          Forest Preserve in Warrenville.
          http://www.dupageforest.com/Conservation/ForestPreserves/Blackwell.html

          They FP district has put together a nice range.
               Dozens of targets - from 10 to 90 yards
               Crossbows permitted
               A picnic shelter a about 50 yards away, with tables and grills

          If there's any interest, I'll be out there by 10 or so to grab the
          shelter.  We can shoot until sunset.  There's a fair amount of space
          around for other activities as well.

          Xavier

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              Ayreton-digest@yahoogroups.com
              Ayreton-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • ian_maceyer
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 20, 2012
            I was at this range today shooting. It is very nice. There are actually 3 ranges but only one privvy. When you enter the forest preserve from Butterfield road look for the road to the archery range on the left. Beware of speed mountains. A word to the wise, avoid Butterfield road as much as possible. Road work begins before Naper Blvd and continues to the Pacific coast.

            --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, James McAdams <jmcadams@...> wrote:

            > Greetings one and all,
            >
            > St. Crispen's day is coming up soon, and I would like suggest in
            > honor of it, we have an outdoor practice on Sunday the 21st at Blackwell
            > Forest Preserve in Warrenville.
            > http://www.dupageforest.com/Conservation/ForestPreserves/Blackwell.html
            >
            > They FP district has put together a nice range.
            > Dozens of targets - from 10 to 90 yards
            > Crossbows permitted
            > A picnic shelter a about 50 yards away, with tables and grills
            >
            > If there's any interest, I'll be out there by 10 or so to grab the
            > shelter. We can shoot until sunset. There's a fair amount of space
            > around for other activities as well.
            >
            > Xavier

          • Marie Cowan
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 21, 2012
              Have been to this range a couple times on Saturdays since it opened and it is a nice spot.

              It is free of charge. Crossbows also are allowed. No Broadheads. Range opens an hour after sunrise on most days and closes at sunset. On Wednesdays it opens at 10AM, after range maintenance. During the last visit, we discovered the range is open year round.

              http://www.dupageforest.com/Recreation/ActivitiesAndFacilities/Archery.html

              Have met other archers at the range, some compound hunters and several traditional shooters. Good vibe and camaraderie from others there.

              Lady Emma von Reuschell
              Ayreton Archers

              (Marie Cowan)
            • James McAdams
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 13, 2013
                Greetings,

                St. Crispin's day is coming up soon, which is as good an excuse as
                any to have a gathering at the archery range.

                On Sunday, Oct 20th, my lady and I invite all who are interested to
                join use at Blackwell Forest Preserve in Warrenville.

                http://www.dupageforest.com/Conservation/ForestPreserves/Blackwell.html

                We'll show up around 10 to claim the nearby picnic shelter &
                grill. I'll bring charcoal and a spare bow or two.

                The range has dozens of targets ranging out to 90 years, and
                permits crossbows. There's plenty of open space around the shelter for
                other games/activities.

                Xavier
              • Lesli H
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 14, 2013