8356Re: [Ayreton] Off-topic, but interesting Boarding School query

  • Douglas Petroshius
    Apr 8, 2014
      Lake Forest Academy is an option. My lady Kristiana of Arden works there. They have 20% to 30% international students.

      Gintaras

      On Sun, Apr 6, 2014 at 2:09 PM, Metylda <bamf505@...> wrote:

      If the teen is interested in staying here, I did know people who found guardianships to finish out their HS career at the HS they were at. (In case they hadn't thought of that.) It's not easy, but it can be done. I will caveat that my knowledge of this is... able to vote. As for schools in Japan, I'm afraid that's one for which I don't have an answer.

      Metylda of Ravenslake

      "Whatever the cost of our libraries, the price is cheap compared to that of an ignorant nation"
      — Walter Cronkite

      *****

      Me þæt wyrd gewæf
      On Saturday, April 5, 2014 2:32 PM, Fern <fern1445-tgs@...> wrote:

      Dear Ayreton,

      Here's an urgent question from one of my Japanese colleagues, who is being transferred back to Japan next month.

      What kind of boarding schools are available for a high-school senior for next year? My colleague's son is finishing his junior year and doesn't want to transfer to a Japanese high school for one year only. The son is at New Trier High School in Wilmette, IL, which is a very prestigious public school with high academic standards.

      What other options should he consider? Isn't there some organization that arranges host families for international students?

      Among all you educators, parents of children, and international travelers, I figure that somebody will have some good ideas for my colleague.

      Arigato goziemashita from my colleague! (Thank you very much, in Japanese).

      thanks from me, too!

      Fern

      --
      Doug