      From: Fern <fern1445-tgs@...>
      To: "Ayreton@yahoogroups.com" <Ayreton@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, March 31, 2014 11:06 AM
      Subject: [Ayreton] Japanese Taiko drumming class

      Dear Ayreton and anyone else who might be interested.

      My martial arts dojo has the opportunity to offer a one-time session in Taiko drumming at the location in the Chicago Lakeview neighborhood. This class will only occur if enough people are interested, so I'm asking if anyone in the SCA wants to try taiko drums.

      Please contact me if you want further details. Or you may call the Japanese Culture Center directly.

      thanks for your attention!

      yours,

      Fern

      Here is the announcement:

      "We are in communication with Tsukasa Taiko and we are thinking about
      offer an evening class from 5:30ish - 7:30 pm on Tuesdays in June (6/3
      - 6/24).  The details are not set (as you can see) but we are gauging
      interest. They would like a minimum of 4 people and a maximum of 11.
      The course fee would be $100.00 for the entire workshop.

      The location would be

      Japanese Culture Center
      1016 W. Belmont Ave
      Chicago IL 60657
      phone: 773-525-3141

      (one block from Red line. street parking with meters)

      Below is the program description.

      Summer Taiko Workshop by Tsukasa Taiko

      One of the leading Japanese drumming ensembles, Tsukasa Taiko
      (www.taikolatecy.com) offers a Summer taiko drumming workshop.
      Learn and perform the most authentic aesthetic form of Japanese taiko drumming.

      The student will have a mini concert with Tsukasa drummers at the end
      of the workshop session."

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic