8128Demo @ Oakton

  • kevin purtrell
    Aug 12, 2013
      Greetings,

      We are trying to start a group at Oakton Community College. We lost our weekly fighting site and the Oakton campus in Des Plaines is a prospect. I've spoken to the Head of Student Activities and gave her an information packet along with a copy of our insurance. They are a little leery about us at this point. However, they have agreed to send me an application for a table at Fall Fest where the student organizations recruit. Right now, we are just allowed to talk about the SCA, and not fightor dance. Fall Fest in on Thursday August 29th from 11:30am-2:00 pm. I can not attend because it is the beginning of the Semester. There are a few people who already said they will come. To start the group we need 10 students as members. Today, we have none. Also, just to be clear, I was told even if we have 10 students it is not very likely we will be able to rent the gym as it is often in use. Not to be negative,  I'm just being realistic. If anyone is able to help on August 29th, please let me know. Please forward this to any appropriate list.

      YiS,
      THL Kevin Ambrozijwski