Re: [axialflux] Re: birdsmouth mast

  • jerry freedomev
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 31, 2007
      Hi Browne and All,

      I didn't recconnize it because it's a
      joint type, not a mast type. A very good joint though.
      On FGing or any other fabric I wouldn't
      as it tends to hold in moisture causing wood rot.
      A good enamel or polyurethane paint is
      all you need for best protection. I like porch/floor
      enamels, low cost, look good and very tough.
      Wood is very strong and when made up of
      pieces glued together, even stronger so no FG, CF or
      anything else is needed for a tower.
      Now on wooden blades that's another
      story. I use clear auto seat repair tape in most auto
      stores on the blade's outer 50% leading edge cuts wear
      almost completely avoiding the need to fill in with
      epoxy throwing it off balance later. That ear is why I
      switched to thin FG blades.Aircraft supply has it for
      their props as another source.

      Jerry Dycus

      --- Browne Altman <elrodqfudp@...> wrote:

      > You have to use the full link not just the first
      > line!
      >

      > > Browne Altman <elrodqfudp@...>
      > wrote: This link may
      > be helpful in
      > your project.
      > >
      > > http://www.woodmagazine.com/wood/story.jsp?
      storyid=/templatedata/wood/story/data/1138238761687.xml

      http://www.green-trust.org/2006/06/axial-flux-permanent-magnet-alternator.html
      > Post message: axialflux@yahoogroups.com
      > Subscribe: axialflux-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      > Yahoo! Groups Links